WHAT WE DO
Please click on one of the services below, for more detail of the
work we cover.
Our lawyers have advised on rail matters since 1994, starting with the restructuring and privatisation of the UK overground rail industry and extending to light rail and the underground rail systems. As a client you will want a lawyer with a wide perspective across the industry and those dealing with it. Our lawyers have acted for infrastructure and train operators (UK and international), commercial suppliers, such as a rolling stock manufacturer, funders, property developers and landowners.
We advise at both strategic and transactional levels and provide specialist assistance to other law firms and professionals in this field. Rail is a highly specialised area and we also have detailed knowledge of the contracts that govern the rail industry, its regulatory and safety framework and a practical knowledge of the industry to be able to advise effectively.
Our transport experience includes the automotive and telematics industries.
In relation to transport projects integrated advice is often required. We are uniquely placed to provide this by combining our specialist transport experience with expertise in property and development, planning, compulsory purchase and compensation.
Below are some examples of our lawyers’ experience in the transport field:
- Rail infrastructure, including objection, compulsory purchase, compensation and relocation terms
- Development close to the rail corridor or underground
- Development projects associated with stations and the provision of freight distribution facilities
- Taking leases of premises from Network Rail, train operators or London Underground
- Entering into joint venture or other partnering arrangements.
- Contributing to the cost of transport projects
- Funding schemes with a transport element
- Dealing with the regulatory aspects
- Contracts for the supply of rolling stock
- Contracts for the provision of fleet management and telematics systems