WHAT WE DO
Please click on one of the services below, for more detail of the
work we cover.
We specialise in planning work and have a considerable range of planning, listed building and compulsory purchase experience, including planning appeals, infrastructure agreements, statutory powers and compulsory purchase. Our lawyers have acted for landowners, promoters and acquiring authorities.
We have significant experience in running large commercial projects, involving planning, property and non-property issues. This enables us to take commercial overviews and to provide high-level strategic and tactical advice. We are also uniquely placed to provide integrated advice combining our compulsory purchase, planning, property and transport expertise, which is especially useful for landowners affected by rail schemes.
Our specialist has have been involved with the Crossrail and Thameslink rail projects for years, acting for a major objector; for a major developer contributing towards the construction of a station; and for various business and residential landowners with compulsory purchase compensation claims. This has included advising on objections to the Crossrail Bill, petitioning Parliament, preparation of evidence and agreement negotiations.
Below are some examples of the work we handle in this field:
- Existing use rights, listed building and conservation area consents
- Advising on the need for planning permission and Lawful Development Certificates
- Land disposal, conditional on planning permission
- Community Infrastructure Levy and planning (Section 106) obligations/agreements including highway, education, affordable housing, transport and infrastructure contributions
- Compulsory purchase, particularly where triggered by infrastructure development, including objections, public inquiry and settlement negotiation
- Dealing with compulsory purchase compensation claims
- Rail-related property, compulsory purchase and planning issues
- Compulsory purchase issues for businesses displaced by the London 2012 Olympic Games
- Highways and highway closure